Green Team Leadership Transition
Peter Brush is stepping down as chair of the Green Team, but will remain on the committee as a member. Yolanda Campbell, a current member of the Green Team, will take on the duties as chair of this committee. Congratulations to Yolanda as she moves into this new role![original]
Memorial Day Schedules and Closings
The following libraries and departments will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27:
- Dean’s Administrative Group
- Dean’s Office
- Law Library
- LDS (closed but available by phone)
- Management Library
- Music Library
- Special Collections and University Archives
The Biomedical Library will be open 10 a.m. ? 5 p.m. Television News Archive will be operational but closed to the public. Greg Collins will be the only library messenger. All other areas are open regular hours.[original]
LOEX Encore Presentation
LOEX Encore presentation: Telling Stories about the Library: Student-Generated Comics as Information Literacy Narratives
Wed. May 22, 12:00 ? 1:00PM
4th Floor Classroom (418A), Central Library
Presenters: Matt Upson and Alex Mudd (Emporia State University)
Here?s another opportunity to take part in a LOEX 2013 presentation.
?This presentation will provide an overview of methods used to integrate sequential art into instruction programs, identify ways of incorporating narrative into instruction, and present active learning strategies to aid students in reflective practices. The presenters will discuss the value of research narratives, the planning and implementation of the comic assignment, incorporation of ACRL information literacy standards, and will provide student feedback on the utility of comic narratives in the information literacy classroom. Participants will:
- Be able to identify potential strengths and weaknesses with narrative reflection in information literacy instruction.
- Be able to integrate narrative into information literacy instruction.
- Be able to formulate methods to integrate visual literacies into the classroom.?
For a full description of the session: http://www.loexconference.org/sessions.html#upson
If you have questions, contact Ramona Romero, co-chair, LOEX 2013 Conference Committee.
Hold these dates for upcoming LOEX Encore presentations.
- Tue., May 28, 12:00 ? 1:00PM – Gracefully Dancing the Two-Step: Strategies for Highlighting Librarians as Instructional Designers
Michelle Costello, Kimberly Davies-Hoffman and Corey Ha (SUNY Geneseo)
Full description: http://www.loexconference.org/sessions.html#costello
- Wed, May 29, 12:00 ? 1:00 PM – Show Me, Show Me, Show Me: Performance Based Assessment in Library Instruction
Melissa N. Mallon (Wichita State University)
Full description: http://www.loexconference.org/sessions.html#mallon
- Thu, May 30, 12:00 ? 1:00PM – The Ballad of the Librarian and the Infographic: A Tale of Data Visualization
Caitlin A. Bagley (Gonzaga University)
Full description: http://www.loexconference.org/sessions.html#bagley[original]