- Graphics displayed as small images. Generally
decorative or serving as an identifying function.
- Interlibrary Loan; cooperative system of short-term
lending and borrowing of materials among libraries.
- The place, publisher, and date of a book, usually found
on the title page.
- IN PRINT or IP
- The book is presently in print and available for
purchase from the publisher or its distributors.
- Short for Internetworking. A global web connecting
millions of computers, each acting independently as a host. The Internet allows
for mail, file transfer, and remote login capabilities between these computers.
- (1) A collection of materials received but not yet cataloged;
housed in the Annex and with preliminary records on Acorn. (2) The process of
checking shelved materials against the shelf list to determine items that
- IP ADDRESS
- Unique number which is used to represent every
single computer in a network. All computers on the Internet have an IP
- Information Services Advisory Group.
- International Standard Book Number; sequence of
nine numbers which are assigned to a monograph title as its
- Internet Service Provider.
- International Standard Serial Number; sequence
of eight numbers which are assigned to a serial title as its
- A consortium of three libraries, the University of Kentucky,
the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and Vanderbilt University.
[Staff Development Home]